Clever Shoemaker | Stories for Teenagers | Interested Story

 





The clever shoemaker this is the story

of a poor shoemaker who used to stay in

a small village with his wife he had no

work in the village and soon he had no

money even to buy food so one day he

made a decision and said to his wife

I should not stay here any longer there

is no work here I must try my luck in

the big city just might be able to get a

decent job there the shoemaker reached

the big city he would roam the streets

calling out get new shoes maid get new

shoes maid or get your old shoes to look

just like new ones or simply get shiny

new ones get new shoes maid get new

shoes made the shoemaker got no work on

the first day the next day he roamed the

streets of the big city again calling

out get new shoes maid get shoes made a

woman called out to him mr. shoemaker

and these shoes plays sure madam the

shoemaker sat at the door of the house

and stitched up those shoes here my lady

the shoes are ready how much one copper

coin here you go he took the money and

left as soon as he entered the next

street another woman called out to him

and asked him to repair some shoes

here are some pairs of shoes please may

and loom the shoemaker mended the shoes

took the money and left

I have made quite a bit of money today I

keep working like this I shall soon have

enough money to buy it donkey he worked

very hard and after a few days he had

earned four gold coins

he bought a donkey with two of them and

decided to return home the next day he

packed all his stuff and left for home

on his way he passed through a jungle

where he saw a band of thieves God saved

me these thieves will take away all my

money and I shall become poor once again

what do I do

the shoemaker was very clever he did not

lose heart and thought of a plan he tied

one gold coin to the neck of the donkey

and walked ahead the thieves caught him

we tell your money come on quick see I

am a poor cobbler

I have nothing other than this donkey

please let me go as soon as it heard

this the donkey brayed and the gold

coins fell from its neck to the ground

really and where did you get this gold

coin from

you lie to us store stop all right I

shall tell you this donkey creates gold

this is how I get all my money all right

Celes this donkey we shall let you go no

not at all if I sell it I shall be left

with nothing

we shall give you 50 gold coins for this

fine but be careful to keep the donkey

with each of you for one day in turn or

else you will end up fighting for the

money

the shoemaker sold the donkey and

returned home he was very happy to have

got the gold coins with the money he

bought a poultry farm meanwhile the

thieves too had reached their hideout

with the donkey their chief said to all

of them being the chief of this gang I

shall be the first to keep the donkey

with me the thieves obeyed their chief

and that night the chief slept in the

stable with the donkey he wanted to take

the money as soon as he awoke the next

morning when he got up he saw there was

nothing in the stable he searched the

entire stable but he found nothing he

realized that the cobbler had fooled

them meanwhile another thief got there

chief you got the gold tell us how many

coins hey donkey created you will find

out for yourself when you keep the

donkey with you tonight the chief said

nothing to anyone for he wanted to make

sure that he had not made a mistake one

by one all the thieves kept the donkey

with them but none of them got a thing

all of them understood that they had

been fooled

the chief called a meeting that you

maker has fooled us he will teach him a

lesson he sold us it's ordinary donkey

for 50 gold coins we shall take our

money back from him and punish him for

daring to dupe us

yes let's go they leave for the

shoemakers home he was working in the

farm he saw the thieves coming he rushed

inside the house and said to his wife

listen carefully when the thieves get

here and ask for me tell them that I am

working in the farm and then send our

dog Milo to call me saying this he hid

behind his house a little while later

that thieves got there where is that

shoemaker call him we wish to speak to

him he is gone to the farms let me send

the dog to call for him mallow don't

call get me Esther tell him that some

people have come to see him what is all

this well I don't really get your

husband to come here sure he understands

everything whenever I need to speak to

him while he is at the farm I simply

send my love to him and Milo delivers my

message when the thieves were talking to

the shoemakers wife the shoemaker

arrived oh it's you

Milo told me that you wish to speak with

me we got nothing from the donkey you

cheated us lied to us

[Music]

listen I am sure you've made a mistake

whatever I have it is because of the

donkey all right we believe you but you

will have to sell us this dog too no not

at all I cannot sell it

we shall pay you 40 gold coins for it

after refusing a bit the shoemaker

agreed to sell them the dog the thieves

took Milo and left when they reached the

cave the chief announced that he would

be the first to keep the dog with him

the others obeyed him and left the chief

called his daughter Camilla

listen Camilla I am going off to work if

anyone comes to ask for me send Milo to

call me as you say father some time

later a man came there and asked the

Chiefs daughter to call her father

please wait I shall send for him at once

mallow go tell father that someone is

here to meet him milo ran away from our

chief's home and instead of going to the

chief thief he went straight to the

shoemaker when the thief returned home

in the evening he saw that Milo was not

there

he realized that Milo must have gone

back to his master so he went to the

shoemakers house listen as Milo come to

you yes here he is I think he must have

been missing me give him a little time

eventually he will start accepting you

as his master the chief took Milo back

with him and gave him to one of his

comrades the next day Milo stayed with

all the members of the gang one by one

but each day he would return to the

shoemaker everyone realized that they

had been cheated once again they

discussed this time we shall not be

fooled

[Music]

it's that you make our lesson this time

they reached the shoemaker's house they

did not pay heed to anything the

shoemaker had to say they put him in a

sack and left to teach him a lesson

the shoemaker lay in the sack quietly on

their way they passed by a church one of

the thieves said please it is really hot

let us rest for a while in the church we

can surely wait till evening to do the

work they left him there and all of them

went inside the church this church was

on top of the hill a swineherd was

passing by but he heard the swineherd

spoil an idea struck the shoemaker and

he started shouting loudly I won't do it

I won't do it leave me let me go the

swineherd heard the shoemakers voice and

he came rewards in life

he asked the shoemaker not wait what

happened

won't you not do who put you in that

sack they want to get me married to the

king's daughter but I do not want to get

married why make you crazy and I've been

in your place I would have definitely

got married to that princess if that is

the case come I shall put you in the

sack go and marry the princess really of

course but first let me out the

swineherd let the shoemaker out of the

sack and himself got inside it the

shoemaker tied him up and taking his big

got away from there the thieves came out

of the church in the evening took the

sack and left listen

let's throw him here in the mud this

will teach him a lesson

the thieves throw him in the mud and

depart from there while returning up

they saw the shoemaker on the road and

they were shot how did you get here

there was a magical place beneath that

mud there is a lot of gold and the

guards of that gold are these pigs I

came out with the help and brought some

gold with me too

just going back to sleep there wait take

us to that magical place beware dare you

even touch the gold but I do as we say

all right if you insist the gang of

thieves reach the spot with the

shoemaker if you want the gold then you

must lock yourselves in the sack all

thieves hide themselves in the sack the

cobbler through all of them in the mud

and then left the pigs on them Hey you

sold us again hey brother get us out he

will not bother you further do not leave

us like this please the thieves kept

shouting the pigs lips the thieves

seeing this the shoemaker laughed and

went to his house thereafter lived

peacefully and happily with his wife


Post a Comment

0 Comments